Monday, June 18, 2007

Remember Me Boys...

So the time has come to end the blog. Our last 3 shows are this week and it has been a pleasure being a part of the production. The cast has been great (as usual) and the show itself is wonderful. Thanks again to Scott Miller for taking us on the roller coaster ride that is Urinetown. It was scary at first (to say the least) but after the initial nausea and vomiting, it got much better. The challenge was great and I learned a lot (as usual) and I hope to do it again soon.

Also, thanks to the cast. From the first rehearsal I think we all knew we had our hands full but every single one of us rose to the challenge and it really shows up there on that stage. I'm not singling anyone out this time, because everyone has really worked hard to make this show great. Although I do have to say... 2 hours doing your make-up is worth a pat on the back... you really look good Cladwell!

And finally to our production crew and band... BRAVO! The set was great, the lights fantastic, the costumes dead-on and the music superb! It never ceases to amaze me how your work can make such a difference in our performance. Thank you for all your hard work.

Oh wait... and to the Rep (more specifically the person leaving the comment).... I was just kidding on the You Tube video... geeez! I have heard great things about your production, its just ours is obviously much different (be that good or bad in your eyes).

This is also Newline's last performance in the Artloft. For all of its faults and qwirks and lack of air and strange funky smells emanating from the walls and sounds of solid matter flowing through the sewage pipe in the lobby and the bolts sticking out of the theater floor that you inevitably fall on or trip over, I will miss it. But I also look forward to New Line's new home in the NEW Ivory Theater. I can't wait until I get to see the new space and hopefully perform in it.

Over and Out (sorry Matt)

Scott Tripp
Urine town cast member - New Line Theater

No comments: